Skip to main content

Two Books about Postcards

I thought I would blog about two postcard-related books I have on my bookshelf.



I picked up this book at a second-hand bookstore in Whitstable, Kent. This book is full of postcards of cats. I like this book a lot because it really documents two types of postcards very well: the mass produced photographic cards with accompanying ditties, and cards of real people with their cats produced using postcard cameras. I have a bit of a bias for the latter type of postcard so this book is very satisfying.

I was given this book at Christmas. It is a book that describes Mr Reginald Bray's real obsession with Royal Mail postal rules. I particularly like the postcards he sent with pictures of the intended recipients instead of their addresses - genius! I will look out for Mr. Bray's handiwork at the postcard fairs, but I think it is most likely his postcards are hidden safely away in deltiologists' collections.

Popular posts from this blog

The Pussy Cat Willum

Dorothy Pilley and Ivor Armstrong Richards, Japan 1927

Winnie Tuke and Fred Tate - Family and Holidays in the 1920s