Translate

18 August 2012

The Pussy Cat Willum



A while ago a relative gave me an old book about a cat called Willum. As I like old books and cats, I was most pleased with the gift. Little did I know what a gem this book would be because it contained wonderful drawings and stories about the adventures of a very nice cat that lived in 1960s England.

Willum was a glove puppet that would make an appearance on a children's show called 'Small Time'. He was quite a special puppet cat because it seems he had many professions - some glamorous, some not, and some straight out of the 60s.



So...here are some of his adventures...
Willum the Barrow Boy
Willum the Lord
Willum the Dustman
Willum the Newspaperman

Willum the Zoo Keeper

Willum the Milkman

Willum the Coalman

Willum the Movie Star

8 comments:

  1. I like old books about cats too (also old postcards of cats).

    ReplyDelete
  2. A delightful post about a children's favourite who even had a refuse collector's role.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How funny! I too love cats and old books. Well a particular cat, and old books. The cat likes "sleeping on the job" as much as Willum did :-) Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how neat! I love old children's books (and cats), too. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And thank you for adding my blog to your role! Box From the Attic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had this book when i was a child, I thoroughly enjoyed every minute I spent reading it. Thank you for reminding me of it. I never saw the tv series, we had no tv, but the book gave me ideas that i carried through to tales I told my children.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember Pussycat Willum and Muriel Young from the TV show, But I've never heard of the book before. Thank you for bringing back some happy memories. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have an original copy, though a bit tatty as it was one of my favourite books as a child - I'm now 56! Do not have web account which is why anonymous

    ReplyDelete