Skip to main content

Another Secret Code Postcard


I found this card at a car boot sale last Sunday. It cost me exactly 20p and is a super find because the last secret code postcard I found cost me £12! Thinking it could be a language I was not familiar with, I decided at 20p it was worth the risk and a great card for the collection. After I returned home, pencil poised with the eraser close by, the code breaking session began, and what a long time this one took!

It says:

Thanks so much for your letter so sorry I shant see you before you go but it cant be helped it is kismet much love Gordon.
23.6.07

It reminds me of this scene from the movie Brief Encounter (1945)...




Popular posts from this blog

The Pussy Cat Willum

Dorothy Pilley and Ivor Armstrong Richards, Japan 1927

Winnie Tuke and Fred Tate - Family and Holidays in the 1920s